The HR Trainee plays a crucial role in supporting the Human Resources department in various aspects of HR operations and activities. This entry-level position is designed to provide hands-on training and exposure to different HR functions, including recruitment, employee onboarding, training and development, employee relations, and HR administration. The HR Trainee will work closely with HR professionals and gain valuable skills and knowledge to kickstart their career in the field of Human Resources.
- Assist in the recruitment process, including posting job advertisements, screening resumes, and scheduling interviews.
- Coordinate with candidates and hiring managers to facilitate a smooth recruitment experience.
- Help with the onboarding process for new hires, including preparing welcome materials and conducting orientation sessions.
- Support the offboarding process, ensuring exit procedures are completed accurately.
- Maintain and update employee records and HR databases.
- Assist in generating HR reports and documentation as required.
- Act as a point of contact for employees, answering basic HR-related inquiries and directing them to the appropriate resources.
- Support employee engagement initiatives and events.
- Assist in coordinating training programs and workshops for employees.
- Monitor and track training attendance and feedback.
- Assist in the performance appraisal process, including data collection and performance review documentation.
- Ensure HR practices comply with company policies and legal regulations.
- Help with HR audits and compliance documentation.
- HR Projects and Initiatives:
- Participate in HR-related projects and initiatives aimed at improving HR processes and practices.
- Participate in HR training sessions and workshops to enhance HR knowledge and professional skills.
- Seek feedback from HR professionals to continuously improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (candidates in their final year of study may also apply).
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in Human Resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of HR principles and practices (experience or coursework in HR is a plus).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proactive, eager to learn, and capable of working in a team environment.
- Adaptability to a dynamic work environment and changing HR priorities.